Private Equity Careers
View the open positions for Argosy Private Equity and our portfolio companies.
Argosy Private Equity is seeking to hire an Analyst to support the investment team. This role will involve conducting research and analysis to evaluate and underwrite investments in private companies. Analyses will include market research, financial modeling, deal structuring and valuation. The role will engage across all functions of the firm, including with Deal and Operating Partners and Finance & Administration, and will have exposure to the entire deal process which includes origination, due diligence, negotiation, financing, documentation, strategic planning, and portfolio management.
Argosy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. Argosy welcomes people from all backgrounds and walks of life.
- Perform primary research for new potential investments
- Produce valuations and supporting analyses for existing portfolio companies
- Generate detailed and dynamic financial models for potential investments
- Draft memoranda for potential investments and follow-on for presentation to the Investment Committee
- Develop and help implement strategies for specific portfolio companies to increase revenue, improve operations, strengthen financial controls, and increase shareholder value
- Assist with financial and other acquisition related due diligence; including monitoring diligence stream documents and information
- Provide ongoing monitoring of assets with the firm’s portfolios including review of monthly operating results and maintaining project performance
- Engage and lead project developers, project partners, financial institutions and consultants on matters related to the financial performance of projects and investments
- Establish and maintain relationship with industry, trade and professional organizations to enhance visibility of the firm and its portfolio companies in the marketplace
- Interface on a daily basis with Managing Directors and Portfolio Company CEO’s, CFO’s and Board of Directors members, providing business related analysis and guidance
- Travel required – approximately 5-10 trips per year
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Strong academic credentials – Bachelor’s Degree is required
- One to two years of relevant experience, which includes private equity, sell-side investment banking, sponsor finance, and transaction advisory
- Highly analytical, with a bias toward supporting claims with data
- Knowledge of business growth strategies and risk/return characteristics of private equity investment opportunities
- Ability to review and interpret financial statements with a foundational understanding of accounting
- Extensive financial modeling skills and experience in Excel
- Previous transaction experience on either the buy or sell side
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Clear, concise business writing skills
- Previous work experience of up to four years
Argosy will provide a competitive compensation package and benefits. If you are interested or know someone that may be interested in this opportunity please send resumes or information to firstname.lastname@example.org.